Earth Day 2016 – rooflite Loves the Earth!
Posted in green roof on April 22, 2016
rooflite serves an industry that is at the forefront of making the Earth a more sustainable and beautiful place. We love what we do, but we also love the Earth and are gratified that our green roof media contributes to a healthier home for all of us.
So how do green roofs help the Earth? Well, there are so many benefits, from social and economic to quality of life, that it’s hard to know where to start, but here are some of the big environmental benefits:
- Improves stormwater management, which is especially important in cities
- Reduces the urban heat island effect
- Reduces the amount of impervious surface in urban areas
- Improves air quality & biodiversity
At rooflite, we are so happy to say that our green roof media products have been used on more than 11 million square feet of roofs across the U.S. In practical terms, this means that our green roof projects helped make a big difference to the environment already with:
- A water retention capacity of more than 14 million gallons
- Vegetation on more than 11 million square feet of impervious surface
Wow! As we look toward the future of our growing green roof industry and business, we can’t wait to see these numbers get bigger and bigger. The Earth and all of us on it will be happier because of it.
And remember, every day can be Earth Day if we all do our part in our daily lives to reduce our footprint and embrace environmentally-friendly lifestyle choices – let’s do this together!